Looking for a place to stay? There are some great lodging options.
Finding a place to stay while visiting the Last Best Beach is easy. There are many options for overnight and longer stays along Playa Blanca beach and in the two coastal communities of Barra de Potosi and Los Farrallones. In the descriptions below, we start in the village of Barra de Potosi and move north. Prices are in US dollars unless otherwise noted and may have changed, so inquire. Most are for double occupancy. Some have minimum stays. The descriptive notes are for simple reference, please inquire directly for more detailed descriptions and pricing. Sometimes prices for extended stays are negotiable.
In the village of Barra de Potosi
- Casa del Encanto – Boho style on the main drag. $70 – $100/night. Walk to beach club lot. http://www.lacasadelencanto.com/accommodations.html
- Casa Frida – Six room B&B on the sand behind the enramadas. 800 pesos per night double occupancy, one small room for 500 pesos per night. Breakfast included, pool. See at http://www.facebook.com/casafridabp. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hacienda la Rusa – This magical B&B was originally built by the New York fashionista Betsey Johnson, now owned by La Rusa and Michael who have completely renovated it. It offers 2 swimming pools, yoga terrace and 4 bungalows sitting amongst tropical gardens. Steps to the beach, lagoon and village, $80-130 a night, includes breakfast, housekeeping, internet. http://haciendalarusa.com
Along the beach road northward from the village
- Casa de Don Pepe– Spacious 8 bedroom waterfront property. Large pool with sundeck, sunset palapa lounge, kitchen. Internet. Occupancy for up to 15.Webpage is www.beachcasadonpepe.com.TripAdvisor https://www.
tripadvisor.com/ VacationRentalReview-g150795- d9993078-Casa_Don_Pepe- Zihuatanejo_Zihuatanejo_de_ Azueta_Pacific_Coast.html ,VRBO https://www.vrbo.com/ 827555?utm_source=direct&utm_ medium=social&utm_campaign= earned:vrbo:sharecopylink:USA& utm_content=827555 ,
- Sendas del Mar – Two one-bedroom and one two-bedroom luxury villas in 2 acre private compound directly on beach. Infinity pool overlooks beach, billiards pavilion, stunning gardens. Walk to village. $175 per night, $1125 per week for one bedroom, $375 per night, $2500 per week for two bedroom. Four night minimum stay. Website: www.SendasDelMar.com.
- Casa Paz– Three bedroom super luxury home in private compound on beach front with pool. Close to village. Sleeps seven. $500 per night high season. Four night minimum. See at vrbo.com/301515
- Villa Potosi and Villa Tortuguita– Beautiful views and tranquil living in one large luxurious house (Potosi) with a complete kitchen, dining and living and king sized air-conditioned bedroom with one and a half baths on the beach with a private pool for $1225 a week. And a smaller casita/palapa (Tortuguita) screened-in with an all-in-one kitchen, king or twin bedroom and bath. Price on request. Rented together or just the house. Please look at HomeAway.com/3961218 for photos and more information.
- Casa Puesta del Sol– Small comfortable hotel on the beach front. $70 – $110 per night. Option of a kitchen in the beach house section. No pool. http://www.casa-puesta-del-sol.com/
- Hotel Barra de Potosi– Large 22 room hotel on the beach front. Very basic. Rates start at 700 pesos per night. There are rooms for four persons and two rooms have kitchens. Pool. http://www.hotel-barradepotosi.com
- Hotel Valparaiso– Very basic rooms on the ocean front. $40 -60 per night. Pool. Cell phone: 755 113 4472. http://hotelvalparaiso.blogspot.mx/
- Casa Caracol– Two bedroom beachfront each with its own bathroom. In the living area are 2 daybeds and a powder room . Fenced yard, pets okay. Full time caretakers on site. Utility room with washer. Available April through October for $100 USD a night. Karen Ross at email@example.com (360-271-1586 ) or Isidro Rendon at 7755-115-5459.
- Bungalows Amueblados Garcia– Popularly known as Nayito’s. Very basic rooms, most with kitchens, on the beach around $50 per night. No pool. Contact: cells: 755-557-9222 or 755-121-1609. http://www.alltravels.com/mexico/guerrero/las-pozas/photos/current-photo-32701054
- Cabañas en Barra de Potosí also known as Casa de la Luna. Mexican style comfortable bungalows on the beach. Rates range from $60 per night with no kitchen to $95 per night with kitchen. Kiddie pool. Website: http://www.casadelaluna-barra.com Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Casa-de-la-Luna/223237684542678
- Los Soñadores ~ One bedroom casita on beachfront property. Perfect for a couple ~ full kitchen, pool access, shaded patio and garden area. Air conditioning, secure parking and internet included. $100 per night. https://www.facebook.com/
- Solecito– Lovely boutique luxury hotel on the beach front with pool and pretty grounds. Rates range from $120 per night to $220 for two bedrooms. Seasonal restaurant. http://bungalows-solecito.com/aboutus.html
- La Vispera– Large, spacious property on the beach front, two bungalows with kitchen. $120 per night. Pool. http://la-vispera.com/en/bungalows.php
- Las Palapas– Four bungalows on the beach in pretty gardens. $500/Canadian per person per week. Contact owners. http://laspalapas-bungalows.com/property.html
- Villa Casa de Mar – Grand house on 1.24 acres on the beach. 2 bedrooms with king size beds, 2 bedrooms each with one queen and 3 single beds. En suite bathrooms. Inside and outside living and dining rooms. Satellite TV, pool, tennis court. Car for going to supermarket and airport. Contact email@example.com.
- Villa Don Manuel– Six spacious, spotlessly clean rooms surrounded by lush gardens on the land side of the beach road. Walk to beach front palapa. Rates 1300 pesos per night, includes great breakfasts. Pool. Contact Toby at 755-113-5367.
- Casa Panamar– Gorgeous pool, palapa, garden, large 5 bedroom, sleeps 12, full services, with kayaks, adventure. Daily and weekly rates for rooms and full house. Contact Carl for details, firstname.lastname@example.org
On the beach road north of the Los Achotes cutoff
- Casa Serenata del Mar– Three luxury bedrooms and completely renovated house. Beach front with pool. Beautiful grounds $1395 – $2240 per week http://serenatadelmar.com
- Hotel Bella Vista– Ten suites on the beach with pool and restaurant on site. Pretty grounds. Rates start at 1200 pesos for double occupancy and go to 2000 pesos for six. http://www.hotelboutique-bellavista.com.mx/
- El Manatial– 3 bedroom, 1 bedroom and studio bungalow. Rates start at $90 per night. On the beach with pool. http://www.zihuatanejo.net/elmanantial/index.html
- Villas Playa Blanca #4– One of 24 villas in lush 2 acre beachfront community. Large infinity pool. 3 bedrooms each with bath and air conditioning. Wifi. 50″ Apple TV and DVD player. homeway.com 910263. Booking: email@example.com
- Las Palmas– Near the north end of Playa Blanca, all new and very luxurious. Beach front, pools, restaurant, bar. Email for rates. www.hotellaspalmasmexico.com